Monday, October 18, 2021

Term Break Writing in Level 3 lockdown

Term 3 Break in level 3 Delta Outbreak  


By Adrian Kan


Today I’m writing about how my term break was in level 3 lockdown with my family. So I hope you enjoy it!


In the holidays, I did some times-tables and division questions because I was learning multiplication and division at that time. I like multiplication more than division because multiplication is easier and my mum taught me a way to do it faster.


The best thing about the holiday was that we had a giant barbecue! We cooked green courgettes, wagyu steak, tofu, squid tubs and pineapple. It was all delicious.


But the bad thing about the holidays was that when I went for a bike ride with mum, (You might think this is quite funny.) Mum was videoing me, and the wind blew maybe a bit too hard to the left. My left foot was blown off the pedal, and I couldn't support my balance, so I fell to the left. I scratched my knee, so my dad had to come and pick me up earlier than usual.  


My highlight of the holidays was that we went for a car ride around Auckland. While we were riding, we had a carwash at what used to be called ‘The best carwash in the whole wide world!’ It had 3 settings: 10$ Normal, 14$ Illuminate, and 16$ Managers Special. We used Manager's Special, and we got a shock of the water blowing from the bottom! When we got back home, I finally got to relax because I was really tired.


5 comments:

  1. When we get back to school can you please teach me your mum's way of doing Multiplication please Adrian? I'm really interested. Your barbecue sounds delicious! I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly when you fell off your bike! What a fantastic recount! Tino pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrian, what an interesting piece of writing. I can tell you have edited it too because it makes perfect sense when I read it. Ka pai! It sounds as though you and your family thought of some fun activities to do in the slightly unusual holidays. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading about what you did din your break. The wind was quite strong at times so I can imagine how you could fall off your bike. Did your Mum get the video of your actually falling off? Mrs Vaevae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Dear Ms Vaevae,

    At the exact moment when I was falling, my mum's phone turned to the right so she didn't get it on the video. But the video showed me on the ground.😅😅😅

    ReplyDelete